Sunday, May 15, 2011

Senior Project

As a student at Pingree School in South Hamilton, MA, I have chosen to fulfill my senior project requirements learning about European show jumping.  What better way to learn about this topic than being immersed into the show jumping world for five weeks on the Junior/Young Rider Tour.  Seven riders, including myself, and their horses, grooms, parents and coaches will be traveling to four shows in Belgium, France, Austria, and Germany. (We have one rest week between France and Austria).  We will have exposure to a world of show jumping that I anticipate to be completely different than the sport in the United States.  There will be different riding styles, care techniques, rules, show schedules, etc,.  There is an endless amount to learn.  So, I plan to take in as much as possible during the five week tour and keep this online journal of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment